Lesson #1 – Anticipate Questions
Out of all of my mental expectations about what a photowalk would be like, the one thing I didn’t expect was for so many people to be simply curious about what a group of people armed with DSLRs and tripods were up to. It’s not like we look out of place, right?
The commentary included:
- “Are you paparazzi trying to catch Lady Gaga?” because there was coincidentally a concert downtown that night.
- “Are you from National Geographic?” although I’m not sure that Nat Geo photographers run in packs.
- “It must be for a class.” which definitely would have been an improvement on any classes I took in college.
- “I’m ready for my photo shoot.” and various iterations of take a picture of me.
- “They’re taking pictures of stairs – are they stoned?” because how boring is architecture, right?
The one thing I will say though is that everyone was pretty nice about the situation. The curiosity was all lighthearted!
Without further ado, here is my first favorite urbEx photo of the evening as well as first attempt at HDR processing. Parking meters mean a little more to me after traveling to Melbourne Australia and having to be on the lookout for them. Missing just one can cost you a hefty fee in parking tickets.